Thursday 2 February 2012

Leigh Demographic

This image is based on my research into the Leigh area. I found that there were approximately 38747 people in Leigh. I also found:
- 30% 15-34 years old.
- 35% 35-54 years old.
- 35% 55+.

- 49% male.
- 51% female.

- 55% ABC1 social grade.
- 45% C2DE social grade.

From this research I can conclude that 70% of people are 35 years old or older as opposed to the 30% that are 34 or less. There are 2% more females than male and a slight difference in class, 10% more in the C2DE class than ABC1. This shows that people in Leigh are of a mature age, most of whom would read a newspaper, so I would expect sales in this area to be particularly high. But most of the people in Leigh would prefer to read a tabloid than a broadsheet in my opinion, due to the fact that broadsheets are read mostly by upper class people. Adverts for bed and furniture shops would be more suitable than adverts for electronic and technology shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment